Baby Veronica Case: Adoptive Parents, Biological Father in Court

A hearing in a Cherokee County courtroom Friday morning hopes to bring the adoptive parents of 'Baby Veronica,' biological father and the four-year-old child together.

According to court documents, the two families have filed a medication agreement in an effort to determine the best way to raise the child.

Initially, Dusten Brown, Veronica's biological father, and his attorney were planning on a tribal court hearing at 11 a.m., which the Capobiancos were reportedly excluded from.

When they found out about the hearing, the couple issued a special federal request for a hearing in Cherokee County.

That request was granted and as a result, all sides are expected to appear in a Tahlequah court at 9 a.m. Friday.

In a statement, Matt and Melanie Capobianco's spokesperson released the following statement:

"Late yesterday afternoon while visitation discussions were still occurring, the Capobiancos received notice from Brown's attorneys that a tribal court hearing was scheduled for 11 a.m. this morning to 'determine guardianship' over Veronica. The Capobiancos and Veronica's birth mother were intentionally excluded from the hearing. After 19 long months of trying this case in local family courts, state courts and the U.S. Supreme Court, Brown has determined yet again his intent to continue to drag this unfortunate situation out further. Because of his actions, the Capobiancos issued a special federal request in Cherokee County, where Brown has been hiding out with Veronica. Brown's insistence on creating more roadblocks forced them to ask an Oklahoma judge to demand that Brown turn over their daughter. Veronica does not need nor deserve any more court hearings. Veronica deserves for this to be over! This situation remains heart-wrenching and the Capobiancos and their family do not rejoice in this matter. Their hearts go out to the Brown family. They, more than anyone else, understand the pain and hurt created by these circumstances. The best thing for both families, and more importantly for Veronica, is the critical step toward closure."

Meanwhile, Cherokee Nation attorney general voiced concerns on the presence of Troy Dunn, a TV personality and counselor, in the Veronica custody battle.

The Cherokee Nation Attorney General Todd Hembree issued a statement in which he voiced his concerns in the Capobianco's press conference on Wednesday.

"Troy Dunn is injecting himself into a complex and emotional legal issue for which he sorely lacks any relevant skill set," Hembree said in the statement.

According to the release, Troy Dunn and a hired camera team were reportedly asked to leave Cherokee Nation school premises by Cherokee Nation Marshals.

"His shenanigans and grandstanding is purely for the cameras and self-promotion," Hembree said. "Our concern has been and always will be what is in the best interest of Veronica, a beautiful and innocent Cherokee child."

In a statement released by Capobianco's representative Jessica Munday, Dusten Brown's lawyer has suggested that a personal visit is an option, but details have not be determined yet.

The statement from the Capobianco's also discussed Troy Dunn stating that he traveled there and delivered a personal handwritten note. The Cherokee marshall delivered the note and Brown responded with, "I'm not interested in talking."

Following a press conference in downtown Tulsa with the Capobianco's Wednesday afternoon, Governor Mary Fallin's office released her own statement regarding the extradition request submitted by South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley. It read:

"Mr. and Mrs. Capobianco deserve an opportunity to meet with their adopted daughter. They also deserve the chance to meet with Mr. Brown and put an end to this conflict. It is important for Veronica's sake that Mr. Brown and the Capobianco family resolve this matter quickly and grant closure to all parties. If Mr. Brown is unwilling to cooperate with these reasonable expectations, then I will be forced to expedite his extradition request and let the issue be settled in court."

Stay with Tulsa's Channel 8 for updates on this developing story