Kite Sparks Grass Fire, which Spreads to Houses

The Tulsa Fire Department knocked out a west Tulsa grass fire that became a house fire on the 1900 block of West 46th Place this afternoon.

TFD believes that the fire was sparked after someone was playing with a kite in the backyard. The kite became stuck in the power lines, dropped sparks onto the grass and started a fire.

The fire burned through the resident's backyard and caught fire to the exterior of both the resident's and neighbor's home.

TFD estimated the damage to the resident's home was in the realm of $5,000 and $2,000 to the neighbor's home.

No one was injured in the fire.