80
      Sunday
      100 / 80
      Monday
      95 / 80
      Tuesday
      95 / 76

      Cat, Dog Rescued from Tulsa House Fire

      Occupants escaped safely and one cat and one dog were rescued in a house fire Saturday afternoon in midtown Tulsa.

      Tulsa fire crews responded to the fire on the 1500 block of South Knoxville Avenue a little after 6 p.m., and upon arrival, they found the three occupants of the home out of the house. They were not injured but were treated for smoke inhalation.

      Crews believed natural gas lines were feeding the basement fire, and once they shut the gas lines off, they were able to extinguish the fire. Authorities say the fire was confined to the basement, but the rest of the home did suffer smoke damage.

      A dog and a cat were rescued from the home by firefighters and they were given oxygen outside the home.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER