Officials with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation issued updates to construction projects in the Tulsa area.
Tulsa's Channel 8's community newspaper partner, The Sand Springs Leader, gathered the update and are as follows:
I-44/Lewis Ave. Widening Project:
- East and westbound I-44 traffic is shifted to a new alignment at Lewis Avenue. Drivers should use caution as traffic adjusts to this new configuration.
- The westbound I-44 off-ramp to Lewis Ave. is closed until further notice. Use Harvard Ave. for access to Lewis Avenue.
- The eastbound I-44 frontage road remains closed to through traffic between Peoria Ave. and Lewis Avenue; drivers should seek an alternate route.
- The eastbound I-44 off-ramp to Lewis Ave. remains closed through September. Drivers should use Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. for access to Lewis Ave. during this time.
US-169 narrows at Broken Arrow Expressway: (US-64/SH-51) junction
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on north and southbound US-169 at the Broken Arrow Expressway (US-64/SH-51) junction from 7 p.m. Tuesday night to 5 a.m. Wednesday as part of an ongoing bridge rehabilitation project.
US-169 narrows near 56th St. North
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on north and southbound US-169 between 56th St. North and 86th St. North from 7 p.m. Tuesday night to 7 a.m. Wednesday for striping. Be alert to crews working along the ramps in this corridor.
US-169 narrows at 71st St. South
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on north and southbound US-169 between 71st St. South and Memorial Dr. from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly through Friday for striping. All ramps will remain open; however drivers should be alert to crews working along the ramps.
Tulsa I-244 lanes, ramps narrow near 41st St. South
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound I-244 between 41st St. South and 21st St. South from 7 p.m. Tuesday night to 7 a.m. Wednesday and nightly through Friday for striping.