Paint Cause of South Tulsa Explosion That Left Man Burned


A man burned in an explosion at a south Tulsa home is recovering Thursday.

Fire crews were transported the unidentified individual to an area hospital Wednesday after receiving word that a home near 61st and Yale had reportedly exploded.

KTUL learned at the scene that the man had been painting in an area of the kitchen prior to the explosion. Officials with the Tulsa Fire Department stated that the paint fumes had ignited leading the blast.

No other injuries were reported at the scene of the accident. Officials added that the home was being repaired from previous fire at that same location earlier this year.