A Sand Springs couple is doing fine after a small fire at their home Friday morning.They woke up to the smell of smoke in their bedroom around 1:30am. Sand Springs fire department investigators said the man noticed smoke was coming from near the window air conditioning unit.He ran outside, yanked the unit from the window and then came back in to put out a small fire. The mattress, which sat near the unit, was smoldering. The blaze was out when firefighters arrived. EMSA crews treated the man and woman for minor smoke inhalation.No one else was hurt.
KTUL ABC 8 provides local and national news, sports, weather and notice of community events in Tulsa, Oklahoma and surrounding towns including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Claremore, Jenks, Bixby, Coweta, Muskogee, Westport, Beggs, Okmulgee, Council Hill, Henryetta, Skiatook, Collinsville, and Bartlesville.