CranApple Granola Bread
Fleischmann's Yeast Bake for the Cure Baking Contest - Whole grain Division
Tammra Radford from Broken Arrow, 1st place, Tulsa State Fair
2 tsp.Fleischmann's Yeast
2/3 cup apple juice (warmed)
2/3 cup applesauce (warmed)
3 T. honey
3 T. butter, melted
1/2 cup granola
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Stir together warmed juice and sauce with the honey and yeast.
- Add the butter, granola, cinnamon, salt and white flour.
- Let stand about 30 minutes or until big and bubble.
- Flour a flat surface. Work the whole wheat flour and cranberries.
- Knead until just pulling away from the counter, but still slightly sticky.
- Place in a greased bowl. Urn so that the whole surface is coated. Cover with a dishtowel and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down. Place in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Allow to rise until dough has topped the edge of the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: one 2 pound loaf