Fire at Popular Mannford Restaurant, Town Continues to Move Forward

O.J.'s Restaurant in Mannford is charred after a Tuesday night fire engulfed the building. Still, workers told Channel 8 Mannford will continue to move forward from this summer's Creek County fires and keep morale high.

"I was like 'Oh my God. No, please no. This restaurant is like the hub of the community," said waitress Tabatha Henson.

Workers said a possible electrical fire broke out around 5:40 p.m. Tuesday. It caused the popular restaurant to shut its doors. It opened in 1984 and has been a popular hotspot for the community. Workers said many fire victims ate there when they had no place else to go.

The building's owner, O.J. Rowlan, said this is yet another blow to Creek County.

"Yeah, it's beat up pretty good," said Rowlan.

He said several workers have already expressed concern that the restaurant must close during the holiday season.

Still, workers said the morale in Mannford remains high. There are many houses under construction to rebuild what the Creek County fires damaged.

Rowlan estimated the restaurant's rebuilding will take about four months. Preliminary estimates of damage total about $200,000.