Pillsbury Pie Crusts: Pie Baking Championship
Tammra Redford from Broken Arrow, OK, 2nd place, Tulsa State Fair
1 Package Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
5 Gala apples, cored, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3 T. butter, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. F.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one of the crusts.
- Stir together sugar, flour and spices.
- Toss with the sliced apples in the sugar/flour mixture and turn the apple mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Dot with slices of butter.
- Cover with the top pie crust. Pinch the outside edges to seal. Cut vents in the top crusts.
- Shield the outside edges of the crust with narrow pieces of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the foil shields for the last 10 minutes of baking.
NOTE: May decorate by using the Pillsbury Pie Crust as cut outs. I used cookie cutters that were shaped like leaves and dipped the cut outs in brown sugar to top the pie.
Yield: 1 pie