-ribbon 2 mm wide-small jingle bells (optional)-buttons (optional)-adhesive (glue gun, super glue or epoxy depending on how permanent you want your ornament to be!)
Two different variations of the ornaments which both start out the same:
1) Cut a piece of your larger ribbon about 6" long.
2) Fold one of the ends of your ribbon over and glue this to your spool.
3) Tightly wrap the ribbon around your spool.4) Fold the other end of your ribbon over slightly again to give a nice clean, finished look.5) Glue this end down, pulling tightly.
Horizontal Spool Ornament
6) Cut about 10" of your smaller ribbon and feed it through the center hole of your spool.
7) On one side of the ribbon, slightly above the spool, tie on two small jingle bells.8) To make your hanger, simply tie the two ends of the smaller ribbon together to make a bow!9) Finally, hang on your tree!
Vertical Spool Ornament
6) Cut about 10" of your smaller ribbon.7) Choose a button to go on the bottom of your spool. Feed the two ends of your ribbon through two of the holes of your button and then feed those ends up through your spool hole.
8) Put a dab of glue on the backside of your button and pull the ribbon up tight to let the button affix to the spool.
9) After your button has dried, tie a knot at the top of the spool.
10) To make your hanger, simply tie the two ends of the smaller ribbon together at the ends to make a bow!
9) Finally, hang on your tree!
There are SO many different variations you can make with this project. In place of ribbon, you can use fabric, paper (sheet music would be beautiful!), paint designs or just leave the colorful thread on them! You could even easily make a garland to match!