It's Craftastic! Constellation Luminaries
Printed images of constellations sized at 7" x 2.5"
Awl or toothpick
Glass votive holder
- Gather supplies and cut paper to measure 7" x 2.5". Visit Hollyrocksjewelry.blogspot.com for printable templates.
- Use a pin to poke holes through the points of the constellation.
- Use an awl or toothpick to widen the holes made with the pin.
- Lay the constellation image on top of the colored paper.
- Use a pencil to fill in the points of the constellation. You may wish to create marks around the holes to keep track and make sure they're all filled in.
- Check the colored paper to make sure all points of the constellation are marked and visible.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the colored paper to create holes for the light to shine through.
- Wrap the colored paper around the votive holder and secure the edges with tape. Trim any excess paper to create a clean edge around the top of the glass.
- Light a tealight candle and gently drop it into the luminary.
- Repeat this project to create luminaries for all your favorite constellations.