It's Craftastic! Polymer Clay Pumpkins
Orange polymer clayGreen polymer clayA small stick, snipped into short piecesWire, toothpick, or pinVarnish (optional)A clean, flat workspace
- Prepare a clean work surface by taping a sheet of wax paper to a desk or table.
- Remove a piece of orange clay from the package and warm it in your hands, rolling it into a ball.
- Gently press the ball onto a flat surface and place a stick in the top.
- Use a wire to add indentions to the sides of the pumpkin.
- Smooth the fingerprints on the surface of the pumpkin shape.
- Roll a thin snake of green clay with pointed ends. Curl the snake around itself to form a vine. Press the vine onto the top of the pumpkin.
- Sculpt leaves by rolling a small ball of green clay, then rolling just one side to create a teardrop shape. Press a pin or wire into the clay to make lines on the leaf shape.
- Add leaves and additional details as desired.
- Bake the pumpkin according to the directions on the package of clay you're using.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- If you'd like a shiny finish and a more durable sculpture, varnish your pumpkin with a water-based sealant.