? Puzzle pieces
? Fine grit sandpaper
? Acrylic paint in two contrasting colors
? Paint brushes
? A drill or needle
? Varnish or sealant
? Jump rings
? Jewelry pliers
1. The first step in this project is to find two puzzle pieces that fit together. Once you have
selected your pieces, sand them with a fine grit sandpaper to prime the surface for painting.
2. Use a drill, needle, or other pointed object to puncture a hole in the top of each puzzle piece.
3. Brush a coat of acrylic paint onto both sides of the puzzle pieces, as well as the edges. If you
would like to achieve a yin and yang effect, paint each puzzle piece a different color.
4. If the image of the puzzle shows through the paint, wait until the first coat of paint is dry and apply additional coats until you achieve a solid color.
5. Use a fine tip brush to paint a heart in a contrasting color. Allow to dry.
6. Brush on a layer of varnish or sealant to protect the paint on your puzzle charm.
7. Once the varnish has dried, attach a jump ring to the puzzle charms using jewelry pliers. You
are now ready to wear one and give the other away to a loved one!
Project designed by Holly Embry hollyrocks.etsy.com
Special thanks to MADE: The Indie Emporium Shop