It's Craftastic! Vintage Map Magnets
Supplies:Flat glass marbles (3/4 inch size)Vintage maps or other paper goodsStrong button magnets (3/4 inch size)Clear Gel Tacky Glue or other clear glueSuperglue5/8 inch circle paper punch OR pencil and scissors
- Select the parts of the map you'd like to use for your magnets. Punch the circles out using a paper punch or trace around the marble with a pencil and cut with scissors.
- Lay the map circles facing up on your work surface. Apply a drop of clear glue to the flat side of the marble. Place the glued side of the magnet directly on top of the map circle. Press down until the glue spreads to all of the paper.
- Allow clear glue to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply a drop of superglue to the top of a button magnet. Press the marble on top of the magnet, sandwiching the map in between the two. Press down until the superglue spreads near the edges of the magnet.
- Allow all glue to dry thoroughly before using.
- Experiment with different papers and ephemera, such as old magazines, newspapers, greeting cards, sheet music, wrapping paper, photos, or anything else you can think of!
- Package a set of magnets in a tin and give them as a gift.
- Buy a used dictionary at the thrift store and make a set of magnets magnifying your favorite words.
- Try using fabric, paint, nail polish, or glitter instead of paper.