Brrrr! Temperatures are falling, and it's cold outside! According to The 2013 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress, on a single night in January, more than 4,000 people in Oklahoma were homeless. In the Tulsa Area on average over 350 individuals stay the night at a homeless shelter, with only the items they can carry. There is something you can do!
You can help people stay warm this winter by donating a new or gently used blanket at one of the following drop off locations:
- LaMode Cleaners, all Tulsa Area locations, for times visit lamodecleaners.com/locations
- KTUL Tulsa's Channel 8, 3333 S. 29th W. Ave., Tulsa
- Mattress Firm, at all nine locations - Tulsa and surrounding areas
- UniFirst, 2100 N. Beech Ave., Broken Arrow
- Volunteers of America Oklahoma, 61st and Mingo, Tulsa, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm