Oklahoma Road Conditions: Friday Morning Update
There could be a few slick spots on your commute to work this morning.
With temperatures dipping well below freezing this morning, your could see some black ice.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports that road conditions have improved across the Tulsa area and central parts of the state, but cautions drivers headed to the panhandle and northwestern Oklahoma to expect more treacherous driving conditions.
The winter storm is creating several travel hazards to our north. Anyone headed to Kansas or Missouri is advised to use the links or phone numbers below to check the latest conditions before leaving.Road Conditions
For the latest Oklahoma Road Conditions click here or call (405) 425-2385 or (888) 425-2385.
- Check road conditions before getting out on the roads.
- Stay at least 200 feet behind road-clearing equipment; crews need room to maneuver and can engage plowing or spreading materials without notice.
- Allow extra space between vehicles, so there is adequate distance for braking in wet and icy conditions.
- Be aware of "black ice," which looks wet on the roadway, but is actually a thin layer of ice.
- Please be patient, plan trips ahead and allow extra time to reach destinations