MIO Cornbread Dressing Muffins
Yields 18 standard-size muffins
Two packages Shawnee Mills Cornbread Mix
One pound JC Potter Sage Sausage
One large onion, diced
Four celery stalks, diced
Three cups soft bread crumbs (from a loaf of French bread or similar white bread)
Two teaspoons dried rubbed sage
One-fourth teaspoon pepper
Two large eggs, beaten
Three and one-half to four cups chicken broth
- Prepare Shawnee Mills Cornbread Mix according to package directions, making two pans of cornbread. Let cool, then in a large bowl, stir and tear the cornbread into crumbs.
- In a large sauté pan, cook sausage, onion and celery over medium heat, stirring to break up sausage. Cook until sausage is browned, then drain.
- Combine cornbread crumbs, white bread crumbs, sausage mixture, sage, pepper and eggs. Stir to combine. Add chicken broth, stirring until the mixture is uniformly wet but not soupy.
- Take mounds of dressing, either using your hands or a large ice cream scoop, making balls to fit into a greased standard 12-cup muffin pan. Each scoop should generously fit into the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let sit in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove each muffin from pan, using a spoon or the tip of a knife to gently remove each. Let them cool on a cooling rack.