Yields four servings
Four, eight ounce SteakhouseCertified.com Boneless Steakhouse Peppercorn NY Strip Steaks
One-half cup dried porcini mushrooms
One and one-half cups boiling water
Two tablespoons unsalted Hiland butter
One-half cup shallots
One-half cup red wine
One-half cup beef broth
Three-fourths cup Hiland heavy cream
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- To prepare mushroom pan sauce, place dried mushrooms in a bowl and combine with boiling water. Set aside for five minutes and then drain in a colander.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sauté shallots until soft. Add red wine, beef broth, mushrooms and simmer for about five minutes until sauce reduces to one-third of the volume. Set aside and grill the steaks while sauce is cooling.
- Place steaks on grill rack about four to six inches from the heat source. After five minutes, flip steaks and continue cooking until desired doneness. Test doneness using instant heat thermometer. For the highest level of food safety, the internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees. Keep steaks warm while finishing the cream sauce.
- Add three-fourths cup heavy cream to sauce mixture in the pan and return to stove for warming. Spoon mushroom pan sauce over steaks and serve with chive potatoes.
Four tablespoons unsalted Hiland butter, softened
One-third cup fresh chives, cut to one-half inch pieces
One-eighth teaspoon black pepper
One-fourth teaspoon sea salt
One tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
Two pounds Fingerling potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine butter, chives, pepper, salt and blue cheese crumbles, and set aside.
- If desired, with a channel knife, cut two intersecting strips around middle of each potato. Cover potatoes with cold water in a five quart saucepan and one teaspoon salt. Simmer uncovered until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and place in a bowl. Toss with butter mixture, and serve warm.