Overnight Apartment Fire Displaces Three Families

Three families are without homes this New Year's Eve after a fire at an apartment complex.

Fire crew responded to the fire just before 2 a.m. over at the Windsor Village apartments. This is near 51st and Yale.

Officials at the scene told KTUL this morning that once at the scene they discovered flames coming from the second story of the structure involved. The buildings are townhomes with the bedrooms on the second floor.

A total of three adults and nine children were displaced this morning. Red Cross is now helping those families, which her

Teara Rushing says she grabbed her 11 month old son, her sister and her niece and ran to the freezing outside for safety.

"I'm blessed. We all made it out alive and everything isn't gone. It's damaged, but we are all still alive," she said. Her apartment and one other were damaged from smoke and water. One apartment was badly damaged from the fire.

No word has been given on the cause of the fire.