Sand Springs Fire Department Responds to House Fire

The Sand Springs Fire Department responded to a house fire at 307 North Franklin Avenue in Sand Springs shortly before 8 p.m. this evening.

According to Sand Springs fire chief Mike Wood, there was only one man in the house, and he escaped safely. The man in the home believed that the fire may have been started by a log rolling out of the fireplace.

Wood said that upon arrival, crews saw that the fire was involving with about 50% of the home.

He also emphasized the need for safety during the heating season, whether that means being extra careful with a fireplace or with space heaters.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off