Savannah Smiles Lemon Chiffon Pie
1/4 cup (4 Tbs) butter, melted
1 pkg (about 28) Savannah Smiles lemon cookies, crushed, divided
1 pkg (3 oz) lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping
- Prepare the gelatin with hot water only. Refrigerate until it begins to set (if set, leave out to soften).
- Reserve 1.3 cup of cookie crumbs.
- Combine the remaining cookie crumbs with the butter and stir until coated.
- Press crust mixture into an 8" or 9" pie plate.
- In a bowl, blend the sugar with the cream cheese.
- Add the gelatin. Whip.
- Gently fold in one half or 4 oz whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Top with remainder of whipped topping.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with 1.3 cup of remaining crumbs just before serving.
Optional: also garnish with a few fresh lemon slices.
Tip: make it "light" by preparing the crust without butter, using reduced fat cream cheese, and nonfat whipped topping.