83
      Sunday
      86 / 68
      Monday
      81 / 67
      Tuesday
      83 / 65

      Smoke Detector Saves Three Girls from House Fire

      Tulsa Fire Department responded to fire in North Tulsa a little after 8 a.m. this morning that was accidentally started by a young girl who was playing with matches.

      The smoke detector in the home alerted two older girls who were present in the home at 8924 East Newton Place. The two older girls found the young girl hiding in the bathroom and safely made their way out of the house.

      Michael Krebs of TFD reported that crews saw smoke and flames coming out of the house upon arriving and after searching the house found that nobody was inside.

      There was significant damage to the front bedroom of the house as well as smoke damage throughout the structure.

      Krebs encouraged people to check their smoke detectors, service their heating units and have a plan in case of a fire at this time of the season.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER