component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      47
      Saturday
      47 / 21
      Sunday
      50 / 34
      Monday
      59 / 40

      Smoking Woman On Oxygen Starts House Fire

      A woman on oxygen set her mattress on fire while smoking in bed Saturday morning according to McAlester Fire Chief Brett Brewer.

      McAlester fire crews responded to 1557 East Chickasaw at 4:54 a.m., where another woman living at that address was the first to try to help. She suffered minor burns.

      Both women suffered smoke inhalation.

      Two rooms and the attic were a total loss according to Brewer and the rest of the house was damaged by smoke.

      No firefighter injuries were reported.

      ?
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER