Two Oklahoma authorities are providing parents and their children with helpful tips for a safe Halloween.
Halloween and all the costumes have finally arrived in the Tulsa area. But the Tulsa Police and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol are advising area residents that children can be vulnerable to "lurking dangers" on the holiday.
According to a safety sheet provided earlier this week, officers are giving children and their parents several tips to ensure that everyone can have a safe Halloween. Some of them are:
- Always trick-or-treat with an adult
- Trick-or-treat in areas that are well lit
- Look left, right and left again when crossing streets
- Wear light-colored costumes decorated with reflective tape
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick
TPD and OHP also want area drivers to be cautious this week as kids are trick-or-treating to keep them safe. Some advice includes:
- Be alert in residential neighborhoods
- Drive sober
- Enter and exit driveways slowly and carefully
- Drive more slowly and anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic