It's finally Wednesday and the weekend is ever so close, why not take a trip to the fair today if you haven't already to get you through to the week!
Here are just a sample of just some of the things you can do today. Remember to visit the Tulsa State Fair's website for an extended list of events occurring today. You can even plan out your day with their calendar:
- Agriculture Education: The learning continues over at different areas of the fair. The Super Duty Arena will host a birthing center with livestock giving birth to an array of animals and a surgical suite, complete with surgeries being performed on livestock animals. Other activities include learning about being a farmer, PSO's energy exhibit and a master gardener taking questions from the audience.
- For Adults: Need an afternoon pick-me-up? The QuickTrip Center Lower Level will host a wine garden at the fair beginning at noon. Attendees can sample different wines from Oklahoma and buy a 2012 commemorative wine glass. After you've had your healthy dose of wine for the day, head on over to the Artisan Village with the family at the Just for Kids building to watch local artisans do their thing.
- Contests: Looking for some healthy competition? Look no further, The Tulsa State Fair will be home to several different contests occurring during its 11-day run. Those attending today can take part in a cooking stacking contest, a tic tac toe contest and a pie eating contest at the Just for Kids building located on the east end of the fair in Central Park Hall.
- Performances: The music and entertainment continues today with acts from Drive over at the Budweiser Beer Garden at 7 and 9 pm, The Full Moon Dueling Piano Show at 7 and 9 pm at the International Stage and a show from Hot Chelle Rae beginning at 8 pm over at the Oklahoma Stage.
- Grounds Entertainment: The fair also will be host to animals you may not encounter on a daily basis. Perondi's Stunt Dog Show will showcase why your pet is man's best friend while the Live Shark Encounter will feature the only traveling shark exhibit in he U.S. Attendees can also interact with various species from Down Under at the Aussie Kingdom exhibit.
Don't forget to send us your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org