69
      Wednesday
      88 / 69
      Thursday
      88 / 73
      Friday
      80 / 70

      Two Rescued in Overnight Sand Springs Fire

      Two people were rescued from a roof after a fire blazed through a historic building on the corner of 1st and Main in Sand Springs around 2 a.m. Sunday morning.

      Several different businesses within the building and an upstairs loft all sustained major damage, authorities with the Sand Springs Fire Department said. A large portion of the building appeared to have collapsed where the fire broke out

      A relative of one of the people rescued said that the two people rescued were hospitalized for smoke inhalation and are expected to be released later today.

      The fire department has closed off streets for the entire city block.

      The Sand Springs fire chief told KTUL that the building was historic and did not have a sprinkler system.

      SSFD has not yet determined the cause of the fire.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER