Benefit announced after 3 family members die in Porum fire
PORUM, Okla. (KTUL) -- Three members of a Muskogee County firefighter's family were killed this week in a house fire, and now his fellow firefighters are asking for the community's support.
Authorities say the fire happened inside a mobile home where space heaters were in use. Volunteer firefighters in Porum responded to the hope just after 3 a.m. Tuesday. A woman and two children died but firefighter Kevin Fraley, who was injured trying to save his family, was taken to the hospital with burns, according to the Porum Fire Department.
The fire department worked with Armstrong Bank to set up a fundraising account named "Porum Fire Fund for Kevin Fraley."
The department is also holding a bean/chili benefit lunch with silent auction Sunday, Jan. 14 at noon at the Porum School Cafeteria.
It's the second triple-fatality residential fire in Oklahoma in as many days. Authorities in El Reno say a deadly house fire on Monday claimed the lives of three children.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.