Charges filed against four juveniles involved in the Bixby sexual assault case
BIXBY, Okla. (KTUL) —
Charges were filed Thursday against four juveniles involved in the Bixby sexual assault case that began in November 2017.
The affidavit indicates that this may not have been the first time football players assaulted a student.
The four teens charged today are the ones authorities are holding responsible.
According to new court documents, the football players were at former Bixby superintendent Kyle Wood's house on Sept. 27 of last year. The affidavit states the victim and the four players who were officially charged today went upstairs to play video games, and someone had mentioned getting a pool stick and the victim believed he knew what was about to happen because something similar had happened the year before.
The victim tried to leave, but the door was blocked by one of the people charged, the document states.
One thing that stood out in the affidavit is what one of the players said during the alleged sexual assault. It isn't clear who said it, but it said something similar to, "the deeper it goes, the louder he screams."
District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler issued a statement about the case Thursday, which said:
"Although we have been advised today that there may be a separate investigation taking place regarding a player/players on the Bixby football team, we are not in a position to comment on the investigation. We will let the investigative authorities do their job and report to us if and when they believe it becomes necessary."