What's Cooking: Longhorn Steakhouse "Flo's Filet & Citrus Grilled Lobster Tail"
Grill Master Whitney Taylor with Longhorn Steakhouse has tips for getting that delicious grilled flavor... even when it's too cold outside to grill.
She offers these tips for grilling indoors:
1. Use an electric griddle or saute' pan. It works like a flat-top grill.
2. Heat the griddle/pan to medium-high first. Then add the oil, then immediately add the steak.
3. Boneless steaks are best for indoor grilling.
Recipe: Flo's Filet & Citrus Grilled Lobster Tail
• 4 6 oz. filets
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
• 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
• 4 lobster tails
• 1 cup of butter, melted
• 1 half lemon
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Add canola oil to your indoor grill pan, electric griddle or saute' pan. Heat the pan to a medium-high to heat.
• To season the steaks, combine kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, granulated onion powder and granulated garlic powder.
• Boldly season the steaks by sprinkling and rubbing the seasoning on both sides of the meat, making sure it’s fully coated.
• Grill the steaks on each side for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until desired internal temperature is reached.
• Meanwhile, prepare the lobster tails by cutting them down the center to create two even halves.
• Loosen the meat from the shell at the open end. Carefully pull the meat away from the shell, keeping the last half-inch attached at the tail of the shell.
• Gently rinse the meat, and remove the vein and any pieces of shell.
• Season lobster tails lightly with salt and pepper.
• Place lobster tail on the grill meat-side down and cover the top with a small piece of foil. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Place the half lemon, face down on the pan and grill for 3 minutes.
• In a small bowl, mix melted butter with garlic and lemon juice.
• Serve lobster tail alongside grilled filet. Place grilled half lemon on top of the filet. Drizzle with the melted citrus butter.