TU Women's Tennis takes care of business vs. Liberty
The Tulsa women’s tennis team extinguished the Liberty Flames, 6-1, on Wednesday afternoon at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts on the USF campus in Tampa, Fla. The Golden Hurricane is now 13-4 on the season.
Rongrong Leenabanchong and Martha Matoula combined for a 6-1 win over Emily Groeneveld and Mariely Hassey in the No. 2 doubles position, while Martina Okalova and Vera Ploner topped Anna Dollar and Aleksandra Pauchenko, 7-6 (4), in the No. 3 slot to give TU the doubles point.
Ksenia Laskutova earned a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 victory in the No. 1 singles position over Rebekah Anderson, while Leenabanchong finished with a 7-5, 3-6, (11-9) win the No. 2 spot. Okalova and Marcelina Cichon both picked up straight-set wins in the No. 4 and No. 6 slots, respectively, and Matoula recorded a 5-7, 6-4, 6-1 win in the No. 5 position.
Tulsa will return to action tomorrow afternoon against USF.
1. Rebekah Anderson/Evangeline Crist (Liberty) def. Mahitha Dadireddy/Ksenia Laskutova (Tulsa), 6-3
2. Rongrong Leenabanchong/Martha Matoula (Tulsa) def. Emily Groeneveld/Mariely Hassey (Liberty), 6-1
3. Martina Okalova/Vera Ploner (Tulsa) def. Anna Dollar/Aleksandra Pauchenko (Liberty), 7-6 (4)
1. Ksenia Laskutova (Tulsa) def. Rebekah Anderson (Liberty), 7-5, 3-6, 6-2
2. Rongrong Leenabanchong (Tulsa) def. Evangeline Crist (Liberty), 7-5, 3-6, (11-9)
3. Anna Dollar (Liberty) def. Mahitha Dadireddy (Tulsa), 6-4, 6-3
4. Martina Okalova (Tulsa) def. Emily Groeneveld (Liberty), 6-2, 6-2
5. Martha Matoula (Tulsa) def. Mariely Hassey (Liberty), 5-7, 6-4, 6-1
6. Marcelina Cichon (Tulsa) def. Eugenia Camacho (Liberty), 6-1, 6-3