Chile-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
From The American Heart Association...
Serving size 3 mushrooms
• cooking spray
• 24 medium button mushrooms (about 1 pound)
• 4 oz canned, chopped green chiles (drained)
• 1/2 cup shredded, low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place the mushrooms with the stem side down on the foil. Lightly spray the mushrooms with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack. Turn the mushrooms over. Fill each with the chiles. Sprinkle with the Cheddar.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the Cheddar is melted. Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 minutes so the flavors blend.
35 calories per serving
1.0g sat. fat per serving
96mg Sodium per serving
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women movement. Recipe copyright © 2016 by the American Heart Association. Look for other delicious recipes in American Heart Association cookbooks, available from booksellers everywhere or online at heart.org/cookbooks.