Herbed Halibut and Vegetables in Foil
From the American Heart Association...
Serves 4 | 30 min | 156 Calories | 241 mg Sodium
As the packets bake, the delicate juices from the fish and vegetables mingle to create a mouthwatering flavor.
• 8 oz. asparagus spears, trimmed, diagonally sliced, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick-size strips
• 1 medium leek (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise, each half cut lengthwise into 3/8-inch strips
• 4 halibut steaks (about 4 ounces each), about 1 inch thick, rinsed, patted dry
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, about 4 inches long
• 2 Tbsp. sliced chives
• 2 tsp. olive oil
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut eight 15-inch-long sheets of cooking parchment or aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. Place the asparagus in the center of four of the foil. Place the carrot and leek on the asparagus. Place the fish on the vegetables. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place a tarragon sprig on each piece of fish. Sprinkle with the chives. Drizzle with the oil. Place one of the remaining four sheets of foil over the fish. Fold the edges toward the center. Holding the tops together, fold several times to seal securely. Transfer the packets to a large rimmed baking sheet. (The packets can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate until baking time.)
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Using the tines of a fork, carefully open a packet away from you (to prevent steam burns). If the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, carefully open the remaining packets and serve. If the fish isn't cooked enough, reclose the open packet and bake all the packets for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the fish and vegetables in the packets.
Nutritional Analysis Per serving
Calories Per Serving 156
Total Fat 4.0 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Trans Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 241 mg
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 23 g
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Go Fresh. Copyright © 2014 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.