Slow Cooker Turkey and Black Bean Chili
From The American Heart Association....
Trade in the usual ground beef chili for this ground turkey version. You can skip the turkey all together and go vegetarian—an excellent option for Meatless Mondays.
• 2 lb ground, skinless turkey breast
• 2, 15.5-oz cans no-salt-added red kidney beans and 2 15.5-oz cans no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
• 2, 15.5-oz cans no-salt-added black beans (rinsed, drained)
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• 1, 28-oz can no-salt-added, diced tomato (undrained)
• 2, 14.5-oz cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
• 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
• 1 Tbsp cumin
• 1 Tbsp chili powder
• 2 tsp dried oregano (crumbled)
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
1. Stir together all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the turkey is no longer pink and the beans are tender.
406 Calories per serving
0.6 g Sat. Fat per serving
123 mg Sodium per serving
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Healthy For Good movement. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.