FOX 25 hosts live discussion on optometry state question
OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) —
Where do you stand on State Question 793?
The question, which Oklahomans will vote on Nov. 6, proposes a constitutional amendment to allow optometrists and opticians to practice in retail stores. That amendment would allow state lawmakers to pass legislation to:
- Prohibit or limit the performance of laser or other surgical procedures within retail stores;
- limit the number of office locations optometrists can practice in;
- maintain license requirements for optometrists;
- require that optometrist offices in retail stores be located in a separate area or room of the establishment; and
- impose minimum health and safety standards for optical services and good.
FOX 25 hosted a discussion between Tim Tippit, president of the Edmond-based Da Vinci Equity Group and chair of the Yes on 793 campaign and Dr. Selina McGee, with Precision Vision Edmond and an opponent of the state question.