Broken Arrow voters approve all 6 propositions for 'Build Our Future BA GO Bond'
BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (KTUL) -- Broken Arrow voters passed all six propositions for the 2018 Build Our Future BA General Obligation Bond, the largest municipal bond package in the city's history.
The package totals $210 million to be issued over 10 years. The GO bond projects will not increase the city's property tax rate. New bonds will only be issued as old bonds are paid off.
The projects are divided into six propositions:
- Prop. 1: Transportation ($142.625 million)
- Prop 2: Public Safety ($20.35 million)
- Prop. 3: Parks and Recreation ($17.75 million)
- Prop. 4: Public Facilities ($16.8 million)
- Prop. 5: Stormwater ($7.5 million)
- Prop. 6: Drainage ($5.5 million)
The 88 projects will take about 13 years to complete. The city has already started prioritizing projects based on current needs and demands. Major improvements include:
- Widen Houston (81st) Street from Garnett Road to Aspen (145th) Avenue
- Widen 23rd Street (County Line) between Omaha (51st) to Albany (61st) Street
- Improve intersections on 9th Street (Lynn Lane) near Highway 51
- Construct meeting center for veterans
- Construct Senior Citizen Center annex facility
- Improve drainage in neighborhoods
- Build Fire Station No. 7
- Develop a new park in southwest Broken Arrow