MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

City council member renaming Delaware Avenue to Riverside Parkway

City council member renaming Delaware Avenue to Riverside Parkway (KTUL)

Phil Lakin, Tulsa City Council District 8, says he is renaming Delaware Avenue to Riverside Parkway.

Lakin said he conducted a poll on the NextDoor neighborhood app on Monday.

He found that 80 percent of Tulsans in the area use the name "Riverside" when referring to the road that runs north and south along the Arkansas River, south of 101st to 121st Streets. The other 20 percent were divided between referring to the road as "River Road" or the official name "Delaware."

Lakin said if anyone is greatly opposed to renaming the road, please contact him. Otherwise, he will move forward with renaming the road to "Riverside Parkway" to keep it consistent with the naming to the north.

In order to give business owners time to change their address with customers, other businesses, mail couriers, etc., Lakin said the effective date will most likely be Aug. 1.

If the owner or resident chooses to do nothing to inform others of the change, Lakin assures that mail should continue to be delivered to the original address until Aug. 1, 2020.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending