TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) – A family of seven spent the night under the care of the Red Cross after escaping a fire in their home.
Firefighters were called to the house near East 46th Street North and North Peoria Avenue Thursday morning. When they got there, the family was outside watching as fire burned through their home.
Crews got the fire knocked out quickly. A fire investigator says it started in the attic as an electrical fire.
Everyone got outside safely. Firefighters say there were smoke detectors in the house, but they did not appear to be working. They urge everyone to check their detectors and keep floor heaters away from anything flammable.