Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityPolice respond to calls for bank robbery, mugging, abduction, bomb threat in midtown | KTUL
Close Alert

Police respond to calls for bank robbery, mugging, abduction, bomb threat in midtown

Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) -- Police say a series of robbery calls and a bomb threat caused all sorts of confusion Wednesday in midtown Tulsa.

It started when an elderly woman was beaten up outside Walgreens near 31st and Harvard just before 10:30 a.m. Police say a man punched her in the face multiple times and took off with her purse. He escaped in a waiting red Chevy Cobalt before paramedics took the victim to the hospital.

About 20 minutes later, police responded to a report of a child abduction at QuikTrip near 47th and Yale. They say a caller reported someone stealing their vehicle with children inside but later determined it was a bogus call meant to distract police from the purse-snatching suspects, but a nearby officer spotted the Chevy Cobalt speeding near 47th and Harvard. The car was found parked in a driveway at 45th and Columbia and all three suspects were caught and arrested.

While investigating the reported child abduction, officers were notified of a hold-up alarm at Arvest Bank near 36th and Yale. They say two men walked in and right back out with cash, but a GPS tracker was embedded within the money and officers weren't far behind. The suspects were arrested about 20 minutes later in Catoosa.

Around the same time, a bomb threat was called into Patrick Henry School on 41st Street between Harvard and Yale. Police searched the school inside and out but found no device. They believe the threat may have been another diversion for one of the robberies.


TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) -- Police say a suspect is in custody after a bank robbery in midtown.

Officers responded to the Arvest Bank near 36th and Yale after being notified of a hold-up alarm. Police have not released any details on what happened, but they said after the robbery that they had alerted other departments to be on the lookout for a suspect.

A suspect was later taken into custody in Rogers County.

Comment bubble

This story will be updated.

Loading ...